Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Introduction (HVAC/R) - Diploma (0280)
Are you a problem-solver and able to manage challenging situations? Would you like to assist in ensuring people live and work in comfortable temperatures? If this describes you, consider a career in heating, ventilation and air conditioning/refrigeration (HVAC/R).
Our Introduction to HVAC/Refrigeration Diploma provides you hands-on training with electricity, refrigeration, air conditioning and heating systems.
With the diploma, you will be able to enter the workforce and apply for positions as a(n):
- Equipment installer
- HVAC maintenance technician
- HVAC service technician
This may be the perfect fit if you:
- Have exceptional people skills
- Describe yourself as organized and having good time management
- Can work comfortably with mechanical systems
- Like details
- Possess solid troubleshooting skills
- Can lift heavy equipment and work long hours
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Using HVAC equipment in the classroom, you will learn the fundamentals of electricity, refrigeration, air conditioning and heating systems.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Perform the basic skills of electricity, heating, refrigeration and air conditioning technology
- Install, repair and maintain heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Outline federal laws relevant to refrigerant recovery and recycling
You also will receive the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the R410A (type of equipment) certifications, which allow you to handle Freon.
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our diploma program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the associate degree in heating, ventilation and air conditioning/refrigeration.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can visit our website to apply anytime. When you submit your application, be sure to include program code 0280 to ensure you apply for the correct program.