Automotive Service Advisor - Certificate (4206)
Does the idea of working in a rapidly changing field in which you must continually keep up with new technology interest you? Are you outgoing and enjoy interacting with public? If so, a career in the automotive service industry may be for you! Today’s vehicles are integrated with electronic systems and complex emissions controls that regulate every part of a vehicle and technicians must have an increasingly broad knowledge of how these systems work and interact with each other. Let our Automotive Service Advisor Certificate be YOUR starting point.
After graduating from our certificate, you will be ready to work in the automotive industry in areas such as Parts, Service, Management, and/or Customer Relations.
Our program may be ideal if you:
- Enjoy working on cars and are good with your hands
- Describe yourself as mechanically inclined
- Are outgoing and communicate well with others
- Enjoy ever-changing technology and solving problems
- Have interest in career development and/or moving into management
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Our certificate provides you with a both automotive technical background with valuable customer service and soft-skills needed to be competitive. Coursework includes the opportunity for you to complete PA Safety Inspector and PA Emissions Inspector programs, as well as business, shop management, professional selling, public speaking, and valuable customer service and management skills.
Our selective program is ideal for high school graduates, career and technical graduates and individuals working in the industry. Since the program is selective, your admission into the College does not guarantee you’ll be enrolled into this program.
You must meet specific requirements for this program, such as earn a passing grade on a mechanical aptitude test and have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
After graduating from our program, you will be able to:
- Complete the Pennsylvania State Emissions Inspector and Safety Inspection License examinations
- Work as a service advisor in automotive repair facilities or dealerships
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to enroll in our associate degree in industrial technology. We can prepare you for a management position in the field.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime by visiting our website to submit your application. Please include program code 4206 with your application. This code ensures you’re applying to the correct program.