Learn about our Pharmacy Technician Non-credit Certificate program at Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Lancaster Campuses AND ONLINE. Our program prepares students to take the national certification examination administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Classes may also be taken fully online. More information about our online program can be found here.
What does a pharmacy technician do?
A pharmacy technician performs various duties under direct supervision of a pharmacist. You may:
- Accept and screen medication orders, preparing labels and medications
- Maintain drug inventory
- Perform insurance billing
- Prepare admixtures and compounding medications
- Maintain patient records
How do I enroll in the program?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the program name in the subject line. To register contact the Welcome Center at 717-780-2414.
Can I receive veterans education benefits for this program?
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) determines benefits.
- The VA approves veterans' education benefits for non-credit healthcare programs. These programs must result in a certificate upon completion.
- The VA bases benefits on the length of the class and the number of weekly clock hours.
- The VA provides benefits on a post-payment basis. You must pay tuition in advance.
Military and Veterans Affairs Office - Harrisburg Campus
Where can I work?
Pharmacy technicians work in a variety of settings. These include:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Extended-care facilities
- Home health agencies
- Mail-order pharmacy distributors
HACC does not offer assistance in job placement for this program.
What are the program goals?
This curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Understand the compounding and dispensing of pharmaceutical preparations
- Understand the preparation of admixtures
- Participate in quality control processes
- Perform insurance billing Maintain drug inventory quality and levels
Where can I get more information?
- Download program flier (pdf)
- Visit Career Infonet
- Visit the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board .
- Visit the National Pharmacy Technician Association.
- Visit the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association .
- Visit the American Association of Pharmacy Technicians .
Who can I contact for more information or to enroll?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at email@example.com or contact the Welcome Center at 717-780-2414