Learn about our Pharmacy Technician Non-credit Certificate program at Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Lancaster Campuses. Our program prepares students to take the national certification examination administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
What does a pharmacy technician do?
A pharmacy technician performs various duties under direct supervision of a pharmacist. You may:
- Accept and screen medication orders, preparing labels and medications
- Maintain drug inventory
- Perform insurance billing
- Prepare admixtures and compounding medications
- Maintain patient records
How do I enroll in the program?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the program name in the subject line. To register contact the Welcome Center at 717-780-2414.
Can I receive veterans education benefits for this program?
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) determines benefits.
- The VA approves veterans' education benefits for non-credit healthcare programs. These programs must result in a certificate upon completion.
- The VA bases benefits on the length of the class and the number of weekly clock hours.
- The VA provides benefits on a post-payment basis. You must pay tuition in advance.
Military and Veterans Affairs Office - Harrisburg Campus
Where can I work?
Pharmacy technicians work in a variety of settings. These include:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Extended-care facilities
- Home health agencies
- Mail-order pharmacy distributors
HACC does not offer assistance in job placement for this program.
What are the program goals?
This curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Understand the compounding and dispensing of pharmaceutical preparations
- Understand the preparation of admixtures
- Participate in quality control processes
- Perform insurance billing Maintain drug inventory quality and levels
Where can I get more information?
- Download program flier (pdf)
- Visit Career Infonet
- Visit the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board .
- Visit the National Pharmacy Technician Association.
- Visit the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association .
- Visit the American Association of Pharmacy Technicians .
Who can I contact for more information or to enroll?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at email@example.com or contact the Welcome Center at 717-780-2414