Pediatric Cardiac Sonography
Learn about our pediatric cardiac sonography courses. These courses are offered as a Cardiovascular Technology Option in our Health Science Associate Degree program.
Do I qualify for the courses?
Students must be registered in or eligible for one of these certifications:
How do I enroll in these courses?
- Download Pediatric Course Application & Registration Information (pdf)
- Contact Kristy Werkheiser - email@example.com - 717-358-2872
- Apply to the College and select Health Science as your major on the college application. Then apply for the courses online using SurveyMonkey.
When does HACC hold classes?
- Courses are offered in a combination of blended, face to face and hands on laboratory instruction.
- There is a Pediatric Clinical Rotation the first semester of the Pediatric program.
What are the required courses?
Pediatric - Annually - beginning Fall
- CVT 231 - Concepts in Adult CHD (4 credits)
- CVT 232 - Pediatric Clinical Rotation (4 credits)
- CVT 233 - Pediatric & Hemodynamic Assessment (4 credits) (lecture & lab)
- CVT 234 - Pediatric Surgical & Specialty Procedures (2 credits) (lecture only)
How much does the program cost?
Download Estimated Expenses (pdf)
Will I be eligible for credentials?
The Pediatric courses will prepare the cardiac sonographer for the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS-RDCS/PE Exam) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI-RCCS Exam) and can be taken together or individually based on student preference.
Who can I contact for more information/Program Office?
HACC Lancaster Campus
East Building Rm 207
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602