Electronic Technology - Certificate (4310)
Are you interested in working on a design team that focuses on the next generation of electronic gadgets? Do you enjoy taking things apart to see how they work? Are you currently working in the field of electronics and want to advance in your career?
The need for user-friendly, affordable and efficient electronic devices are in high demand. Our Electronic Technology Certificate can lead you to finding a job in your area of interest.
When you graduate with your certificate, you will be ready to enter the job market at an introductory level. You may choose to work in a laboratory or customer-oriented environment. You can serve a variety of electronic-related industries as a service technician or technical information specialist. If you are already working in the field of electronics, you will be prepared to advance.
You will apply the knowledge, skills and abilities learned from our program to work in such areas as circuit design and analysis, testing and prototyping, digital electronics, microcontrollers, computers and programmable logic devices, communications and electronic troubleshooting.
This could be your ideal career path if you:
- Have solid math and computer skills
- Enjoy do-it-yourself projects and electronics
- Can communicate effectively with others and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Describe yourself as an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Are detail-oriented and organized
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Our innovative certificate is ideal if you are already working in electronics and want to advance your career. With this program, you can choose from two specializations, including analog and digital, for your certificate.
As a graduate from our certificate, you will have the skills you need to:
- Construct electronic prototype circuits
- Test electronic circuits with modern laboratory equipment
- Install, operate, service and troubleshoot complex electrical and electronic equipment
- Prepare reports under the supervision of engineers
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Our certificate program is designed to lead directly to employment. However, if you want to continue your education, we encourage you to transfer your credits into our Associate in Science in electronic engineering technology.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can enroll in classes for the spring, summer and fall by applying online anytime. When submitting your application, please be sure to include program code 4310. This unique code ensures you are applying to your intended program.