Criminal Justice (PASSHE) - Associate in Arts (AA) (6051)
Do you have an interest in criminal justice, police work or law enforcement support services? If so, a career in criminal justice may be the right choice for you. HACC’s Criminal Justice Program can put you on the path to a rewarding position in the field. This degree meets the curricular needs of students interested in transferring to one of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) schools so you will have a smooth transition from HACC. Our admissions counselors and department chair Mark Nelson can provide you the steps to enroll in to our two-year Criminal Justice program. Apply today!
- Forensic science correctional rehabilitation
- Juvenile and adult probation and parole
- Private security and investigations law enforcement
- Military police
After graduating from our program and pursuing your bachelor’s degree at another school, you may work in municipal, state, federal or private agencies as a:
- Forensic scientist
- Prosecuting attorney
- Crime-lab expert
- Crime-scene technician
- Patrol officer
- Criminal investigator
- Probation and parole officer
- Drug agent
- Security manager
- Private investigator
- Private criminal or civil attorney
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
- Demonstrate an awareness of professional ethics including ethical and legal entrance requirements to the criminal justice
- Translate observations into writing
- Use technology as a form, or method, to conduct research
- Describe components of the criminal justice system including corrections, courts, law enforcement and the private sector
- Describe the major theoretical explanations of crime and delinquency
- Examine diversity issues as they impact criminal justice
- Demonstrate an awareness of the dynamics of organizational behavior
- Manage and build teams
- Analyze problems and develop solutions
To enroll in this program, you may need to submit Act 33 Child Abuse and/or Act 34 Pennsylvania State Police Criminal background checks.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Affordably YOURS, our two-year degree program is a flexible transfer program so you can transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. If your intended transfer school participates in Pennsylvania’s statewide college-credit transfer system, you will be able to begin your third year as a junior. Our programs also transfer well to schools outside of the statewide system. However, each individual college has its own unique program.
We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Our transfer options for Criminal Justice students include:
|Shippensburg University of PA:||Criminal Justice into Criminal Justice (pdf)|