John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D, became the seventh president of HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College, in July 2011. His previous appointments include president of Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham, Ore., and president of Lord Fairfax Community College in Middletown, Va. He began his community college career at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, Il. Prior to that he began his professional career as a teacher in a Chicago inner city school followed by stints as a corporate trainer for A.B. Dick Company and Wang Laboratories, Inc. Ski is the past chairman of the board for the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and a former member of AACC's 21st-Century Commission on the Future of Community Colleges. He also is a member of Harrisburg Rotary and serves on the boards of the Harrisburg Boys and Girls Club, and Pennsylvania's Workforce Investment Board. He is the only member of his working-class family to graduate from college having begun his college path at a community college. He went on to earn a bachelor's degree, two master's degrees and a doctorate, as well as an honorary associate degree. Ski, a native of Cleveland, Ohio, and currently resides with his husband in Harrisburg, Pa.
- Degrees: Doctorate, Master's Degrees, Bachelor's Degree
- Year Started: 2011
- Title: President of HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College
- Professional Experience: President of three Community Colleges
- Area of expertise: Economics, Education, Fundraising
- Notable research and publications: Economic Development, Fund Raising, Higher Education, LGBT, Workforce Development