Siha is an assistant professor of English at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, and specializes in developmental writing and reading instruction as well as mobile learning in the classroom. Siha is an Apple Distinguished Educator and an Apple Teacher. He has a bachelor’s degree in English from Messiah College, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and a master’s degree in humanities, a Writing Instruction Specialist Certification and a Doctorate of Education in Adult Education, all from Penn State University. He is the author and creator of the iTunes U and iBooks Textbooks series “Essentials,” which includes three complete courses and two multitouch books. The courses were named to Apple’s “Best of” in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and Apple’s 2017 “Off the Charts.” The courses engage half a million worldwide subscribers and the textbooks have sold over 6,000 copies in 45 countries.
- Degrees: D.Ed. in Adult Education, M.A. in Humanities, Writing Specialist Certificate, B.A. in English
- Year Started: 2010
- Title: Associate Professor of English
- Professional Experience: -Teaching developmental writing, composition, and integrated reading and writing for nine years -Writing Discipline lead for three years - College Wide Assessment Committee member for one year -Academics House member for two years -Middle States Steering Committee and Standard for three years, chair for two years -Pennsylvania Association of Developmental Educators (PADE) board member since 2013 -PADE president-elect (2018-19) -PADE president (2019-21) -Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE) since 2015 -ADE Americas board member 2018-20
- Area of expertise: English
- Notable research and publications: “In the Palm of My Hand: The Efficacy of Mobile Devices in a Community College Developmental Writing Class.” Teaching English in the Two Year College, vol. 46, no. 3, March 2019. “Critical Pedagogy, Discourse Tensions, and the Basic Writing Classroom” https://newprairiepress.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=3357&context=aerc “Using Critical Pedagogy to Develop and Sustain Adult Basic Writing Skills” http://www.infoagepub.com/products/Developing-and-Sustaining-Adult-Learners The English Essentials iTunes U and Apple Books series The Power of Pairing multitouch book https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-power-of-pairing/id1069243721?mt=13 Creative Confessionals Student Guide https://books.apple.com/us/book/creative-confessionals-student-guide/id1421852790