back to web version
HACC's print sized logo

Student Employment

What is Student Employment?

The student employment program encourages the part-time employment of students who need income to help pay for their educational costs. HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College believes that through the student employment program, students will gain the experience needed in the workplace or their field of study.

What are the Types of Student Employment Programs?
  • Federal Work-Study (FWS)
  • Student Employment Program (SEP)
  • Off-Campus Federal Work-Study

What are the Qualifications for Student Employment?
  • Federal Work-Study (FWS)
    • Demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
    • Be enrolled in a minimum of six credits at HACC each term.
    • Meet Satisfactory Academic Program (SAP) standards as determined by the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
    • Have a high school diploma/GED.
    • Have a valid Social Security number.
    • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
    • Not be in default on a Federal Student Loan.
    • Not owe on a Federal Student Grant
  • Student Employment Program (SEP)
    • Have a valid Social Security number.
    • Must be at least 18 years old
    • Be enrolled at HACC and actively taking a minimum of one credit.
    • Be a U.S. citizen, eligible noncitizen, or be an international student with a valid
      F-1, J-1, or J-2 VISA.
  • International Students
    • International students with a valid F-1, J-1, or J-2 VISA may be eligible to work on campus through Student Employment. As of the date of this guidebook, all international students with a valid F-1, J-1, or J-2 VISA must be approved by the Coordinators of Global Education.

Work Hours

  • Maximum 20 hours per week while classes are in session
  • Maximum 28 hours per week while classes are not in sessions (i.e. Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break)

Pay Rate

  • $9.50/hour
  • Effective 7/1/22 $11/hour

Where to Apply

  • Open positions are listed on College Central Network (HACC's Career Services Platform) (CCN)
  • Search for Student Employment to view open opportunities

If you have questions about student employment, please contact the Student Employment Team at