Paying For School


What special circumstances can affect my financial aid eligibility?

Certain changes in your life should be conveyed to the Financial Aid Office.

If you or your family’s financial situation has changed significantly from what is reflected on your federal income tax return you may be eligible to have your financial aid adjusted. Complete the FAFSA questions as instructed on the application (including the transfer of tax return and income information) and submit your FAFSA form. Some common types of changes are:

  • Loss of employment
  • Loss of untaxed income or benefit (e.g. child support, unemployment)
  • Death of a parent or spouse since filing the FAFSA
  • Parents/student divorced or separated since filing the FAFSA

To have your change in income reviewed by the financial aid office you can complete the online form here. Make sure to have all supporting documentation of the change ready before you start.

If you have questions or need help with the process, please contact HACC's Financial Aid office.