Online Learning: Personal Enrichment
Apply to HACC at www.hacc.edu/applynow.
Within five to seven days after applying to HACC, you will receive a letter from your campus admissions counselor welcoming you to HACC. Once you receive it, please review your letter for the following:
- Your HACC ID.
- A link to set up your college email account.
- Your program of study and the term in which you are starting.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
HACC’s code for the FAFSA application is 003273.
Please visit studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa or download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to complete the form.
Submit official transcripts to HACC's records office if you would like previous college credits to be evaluated for transfer.
You will receive a summary of credits transferred through the mail or in your myHACC account. Please choose one of the following options to submit your transcripts: email (email@example.com); fax 717-901-4296; or mail (HACC, Attn: Central Records Office, One HACC Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110).
HACC campuses have walk-in placement testing available or to complete testing online, submit the online remote proctoring request form.
- For additional information about placement testing, including exemptions, hours, and preparation material, visit www.hacc.edu/placement.
Attend New Student Orientation
If you will only be taking online courses, access the online new student orientation via myHACC under advising in the student tab. If you will be taking online AND campus courses, call 800-ABC-HACC to schedule the orientation on campus after the online orientation.
Develop YOUR Educational Plan
Work with an advisor/counselor to review placement test results and register for classes.
- New students pursuing a fully online degree, who live 50 miles or more from a HACC campus and plan to major in Architecture, Building Construction Management, Business, Health Care Management, Health Science, or Industrial Technology should contact Deb Rebman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other new students pursuing a fully online degree, who live 50 miles or more from a HACC campus, should complete the Pre-Advising survey and then contact Gina Bowers at email@example.com.
- All other students should contact a HACC campus advising/counseling office by calling 800-ABC-HACC.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Submit payment to the Welcome Center or online in myHACC. Tuition information is available at hacc.edu/tuition.
Attend a Jump Start YOUR Success Welcome Event
Learn tips to start off as a successful online student. Register for an event or view the recording at www.hacc.edu/jumpstart.
Purchase Books at a Campus Bookstore
For online purchases and to determine the required textbooks, visit http://bookstore.hacc.edu/harrisburg.
Log In to Brightspace by Desire2Learn from myHACC on the first day of class
If you are interested in workforce/non-credit personal enrichment courses, visit www.hacc.edu/noncredit.