Online Learning: Military/Veterans
Apply to HACC at www.hacc.edu/applynow.
Within five to seven business days after applying to HACC, you will receive a letter from your campus admissions counselor welcoming you to HACC. Once you receive it, please review your letter for the following:
- Your HACC ID
- A link to set up your college e-mail account.
- Your program of study and the term in which you are starting.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
HACC's code for the FAFSA application is 003273.
Please visit FAFSA or download the studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa app in the Apple App Store (myStudentAid) or iOS Play (Android) to complete the form.
Apply for military education benefits at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606, & 1607- VA form 22-1990; Chapter 33 Dependent- VA form 22-1990E; Chapter 35 and Fry scholarship- VA Form 22-5490; Chapter 31 Vocation Rehabilitation and Employer (VR&E) should meet with a VR&E counselor.
- Electronically attach DD-214 or Google to your application when applying online; electronically attach any additional entitlement i.e. Kicker or College Fund
- NOBE) along with your DD-214 or HACC ID number.
Contact COE at 717-736-4149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit official transcripts to NOBE account. Please choose one of the following options to submit your transcripts: HACC e-mail (email@example.com); fax (717-901-4296); or mail (MVAO, Attn: Central Records Office, One HACC Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110).
HACC campuses have walk-in placement testing available or to complete testing online, contact your Admissions Counselor.
- For additional information about placement testing, including exemptions, hours, and preparation material, visit www.hacc.edu/placement.
Attend New Student Orientation
If you will only be taking online courses, access the online new student orientation via HACC under advising in the student tab. If you will be taking online AND campus courses, call 800-ABC-HACC to schedule the orientation on campus after the online orientation.
Develop YOUR Educational Plan
Work with an advisor to review placement test results and register for classes. All students should contact the Harrisburg Campus Advising office by calling 1-800-ABC-HACC (Select 3 for Harrisburg and 5 for Advising) to schedule an appointment.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Submit payment to the Welcome Center or online in HACC. Tuition information is available at www.hacc.edu/tuition.
Attend a Jump Start YOUR Success Welcome Event
Learn tips to start off as a successful online student. Register for an event or view the recording at www.hacc.edu/jumpstart.
Purchase Books at a Campus Bookstore
For online purchases and to determine the required textbooks, visit www.bookstore.hacc.edu/harrisburg.
Log In to Brightspace by Desire2Learn from myHACC on the first day of class
We are committed to your success in online learning! If you need any assistance, please contact us at the information provided below.