Online Welcome Events
HACC invites new online students to attend a "Jump Start YOUR Success!" Welcome Event. This will help you successfully transition to online education. Learn more about our online welcome event.
What does the program cover?
- Preparation for Online Learning
- Course and Login Information
- Success Tips
- Online Resources
Where to Get Help
Prepare for online classes by attending a Jump Start YOUR Success campus event or webinar. See dates and details listed below. Click on the link to register and be entered into a drawing for a prize.
To access all Online Webinars click on the following Zoom link: https://hacc.zoom.us/j/698329878. You may be prompted to download Zoom for free if you never used Zoom on your device before. Enter in your full name (first and last) as well as email address when prompted prior to entering the online room. You may find it helpful to view a video on how to join a Zoom meeting at https://youtu.be/vFhAEoCF7jg.
Prepare for online classes by reviewing the Jump Start YOUR Success resources below:
- Logging into Brightspace by D2L
- Navigating Brightspace by D2L
- Finding and Pinning a Course in Brightspace by D2L
- Virtual Learning Student Resource Guide
- Jump Start Event PowerPoint Handout
- Purchasing A Textbook- Video and Text
- Where to Find Help and Recommended Internet Browsers- Video and Text
- Testing and Proctoring Information- Video and Text
- Adding Classes- Video and Text
- Dropping Classes- Video and Text