back to web version
HACC's print sized logo

Apply and Enroll

Apply to HACC —High School Students

You can apply to HACC as a high school student by following the simple steps below.

Step 1: Apply for Admissions
  1. Create an account and apply to HACC online as a Dual Enrollment student
    • Select "Dual Enrollment" as the academic program.
    • Submit a copy of your high school transcript and signature page. Your application will not be considered completed until we receive these documents. Please watch this brief video about completing the signature page.
  2. Wait for your acceptance email. After the application and all required documents are submitted, you will receive an acceptance email within three to five business days.
  3. Activate your HACC student account when your acceptance email is received

After you activate your HACC student account (myHACC), you will activate your student email (HAWKmail) and receive HACC credentials to access your myHACC student account.

If you have questions about the admissions process, please email


Step 2: Complete placement testing, if required

Placement testing, high school grades and/or SAT, ACT or PSAT scores help determine your eligibility to enroll in certain classes. Details about placement testing, including exemptions, are available on our website.

Links to complete placement testing will be sent to your HACC student email (HAWKmail). If you have not received the links to complete placement testing, please contact

Step 3: Attend Dual Enrollment New Student Orientation

Our orientation team will contact you through your HACC student email (HAWKmail) to schedule a dual enrollment orientation. You are required to attend an orientation prior to registration. Please contact with any questions.

Step 4: Review placement testing results and register for class

After reviewing your placement testing results in your HAWKmail, you can register for classes. Should you need assistance with registration, a success coach can review your course eligibility and help you register. To schedule an appointment with a success coach, please call 717-780-1972 or email   

If you plan to take HACC’s College in the High School (CHS) courses that are taught at your high school, please contact your guidance counselor about registration. Please note, you must complete a dual enrollment application prior to registering for CHS courses.

Step 5: Pay YOUR bill

A tuition bill will automatically generate after you register for your course. Tuition bills are available electronically in the Registration/Records tab of your myHACC student account. They are not mailed to your home. 

There are a few ways to pay your bill. We encourage you to review all options, including our payment plan, here. Please also watch this video on how to pay your bill. 

Tuition due dates for dual enrollment classes are posted on our website.

If you have any questions about your tuition bill, please contact


If you have any questions about College in the High School (CHS) courses at HACC, please contact This contact is for high school partners only.

I’m interested in dual enrollment and want to learn more about it. Who do I contact?
Please contact

I’m a high school student who has already been admitted to HACC for dual enrollment. Who do I contact if I have questions about next steps or registering for classes?
Please contact

How do I request an official transcript from HACC showing my final grade and earned credits?
You can request a transcript of your permanent academic record. There is a $6 fee per official transcript.

What if I need additional services?
HACC's Student Access Services offers reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. We follow the American with Disabilities Act 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act 1973.

Is my social security number required?
Your social security number is NOT required. If you receive a letter requesting it, please note it is only for financial aid purposes. Dual Enrollment and College in the High School students are not eligible for financial aid until after they have completed high school.

What does “Third Party Release” mean?
This allows parents/guardians to view information about billing, transcripts or student accounts. If a parent or guardian’s information is not listed, they will not be able to receive any information about your account, including grades, course eligibility or billing.

I agree to abide by the policies and regulations of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College. Further, I understand the following:

  • I am responsible to ensure that all required forms and documentation are submitted in a timely manner and that required placement testing is completed before course enrollment is processed;
  • Admission to HACC and enrollment in Dual Enrollment College Programs for high school students are separate processes and placement testing may determine eligibility for enrollment;
  • I risk being dropped from my classes if I fail to pay tuition in full or fail to make payment arrangements by the due date;
  • I understand that I am enrolling in a college class which may contain content that challenges my perceptions of the world around me and expose me to controversial or adult topics;
  • I take full responsibility for the outcome of the courses as outlined in the course syllabus provided by the instructor; and
  • In the event that I decide to discontinue enrollment in any course, I will immediately notify and my instructor(s).

In addition, by signing this document, I, the student, agree to the terms of the Student Memorandum of Understanding and the Authorization to Release Information Statement.

I hereby understand that any misrepresentation of information in this application may result in denial of admission or dismissal.