Future students

Apply to HACC —High School Students

You can apply to HACC as a high school student by following the simple steps below.

How can I get started?

High school juniors and seniors must qualify academically and be recommended by a high school counselor or principal. To learn more and get started, contact your high school counselor or a HACC Admissions Counselor at your nearest HACC campus.

Submit the following to start your dual enrollment journey:

When is the application deadline?

Please submit your Application for Admission and supporting materials by the deadline listed below. HACC will accept applications after these deadlines.  However, you may not have enough time to complete the application and enrollment process if you submit your materials after the deadline.  You may also experience reduced course availability.

  • Summer/ Fall Semester - June 1
  • Spring Semester - December 1
  • Summer Semester - May 1

Do I need to take placement tests?

  • Yes.  You may be required to take a placement test for most courses.
  • If English is not your native language, you will be required to complete an English as a Second Language (ESL) placement test. 
  • Placement testing is sometimes held at your high school or CTC on a specified date. You may be required to complete the test at HACC if you miss your high school's date.
  • HACC will provide placement test results to your high school or CTC. HACC will not send individual results to students
  • You must meet the minimum requirement for a specific course. You will not be permitted to register for that course without meeting the requirement.

It is important to prepare for your placement test.  Here are some helpful tips (pdf).


How do I register for courses?

  • Submit an Enrollment Form (pdf) to your high school/CTC representative or to your HACC Admissions Counselor. Enrollment forms submitted to your high school/CTC representative will be sent to HACC for processing. Please note: High school students cannot register for courses online.
  • Once registered, you can access your course schedule through myHACC.

How do I pay for my course and when is payment due?

  • You may view and pay your invoice through myHACC —HACC's online system.
  • Students submitting enrollment forms on or after the payment due date must be prepared to make payment at time of registration. 
  • You will jeopardize your registration if the tuition payment deadline is missed.
  • View registration dates and deadlines.

The HACC Payment Plan (HPP) allows you to pay your bill over a longer period of time. Find out how to enroll in HPP and enroll in automatic payments.


What if I need to withdrawal from my class?

  • Complete a Drop/Add/Withdrawal Form (pdf) and submit the form to your HACC Admissions Counselor.  You will be considered a member of the class until your Drop/Add/Withdrawal Form is processed. This is true even if you never attended the class.
  • We will not record a grade for courses dropped within the refund period. After the refund period ends, you will be assigned a grade of "W" or "F". Your instructor determines the grade, based on your performance. HACC cannot grant credits for a "W" or "F" grade.  
  • We process tuition refunds for dropped classes one week after the final refund date. You can submit a written request for an earlier refund.

How do I request a transcript?

  • You can request a transcript of your permanent academic record. 
  • There is a $6 fee per official transcript.

What if I need additional services?

  • HACC's Office for Disability Services offers reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. We follow the American with Disabilities Act 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act 1973.
  • Contact HACC Admissions for placement test information and course accommodations.