If you are interested in noncredit, continuing education and/or job training, please visit the Continuing Education and Job Training page.
Please mail the information to:
HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College
Central Admissions Office, C131
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999
Within five to seven business days after applying to HACC, you will receive a letter from your campus admissions counselor welcoming you to HACC. Once you receive it, please review your letter for the following:
- Your HACC ID.
- A link to set up your college email account.
- Your program of study and the term in which you are starting.
Placement testing is an assessment to determine course eligibility and ensure that you can enroll in the best-fit classes. We offer helpful tips to help you prepare for the placement test.
Students may qualify for direct placement into college-level math or English courses using any of the following: SAT testing, ACT testing, high school GPA, high school Algebra II grade, GED math score, or prior college coursework. Students need to submit a transcript or score report for scores to be accepted and used for registration. See the chart on the placement testing page to determine qualification for college-level courses.
If you are not exempt, please visit a campus during walk-in hours or call 800-ABC-HACC to schedule an appointment. Select your campus when prompted. Select option four (4) for placement testing.
Remember: Photo ID is required at time of testing.
After you complete the placement test, you will register for new student orientation. During the orientation, you will discuss your program, review your placement scores and register online for classes.
If you are exempt from the placement test, please contact your campus Welcome Center to register for an upcoming new student orientation.
- Log in to my.hacc.edu and click on “Student Success Resources” box to view your academic standing and advisor information.
- Use the contact information listed to schedule an appointment with your advisor.
- Meet with your advisor to select your classes and determine if you need an advising code to register for classes.
- Log in to my.hacc.edu, click the “Registration/Records” tab and “Check my Registration Status and View Schedules” in the “Registration and Veteran Information” menu.
- Click on “Prepare for Registration” and choose your registration term to view your student and academic status and to determine if there are any holds on your account.
- Return to the Registration Home page by clicking on “Banner Self-Service” tab.
- Click on “Register/Add/Drop” classes to search for classes, build your schedule and register (Add advising code if necessary).
Please pay your tuition and fees by the due date. You can pay online or at your campus Welcome Center. Residency and school district sponsorships are available.