"The effectiveness of an institution rests upon the contribution that
each of the institution's programs and services makes toward achieving the
goals of the institution as a whole." (Middle States Commission on Higher
HACC bases our
institutional practices and planning on evidence-informed decision-making. We use
assessments to determine whether or not we are meeting our goals. Learn about
institutional effectiveness and assessments.
- A process we use to study and improve our effectiveness.
- An opportunity to review how well we are meeting our
- Identifying what actions we can take to improve.
- Intentional, ongoing and evidence-based improvement.
What is HACC doing to incorporate assessments?
We are working to
build a culture of assessment:
- HACC purchased an assessment management system (TK20).
It serves as a repository, tracking and reporting tool. We will be
implementing this state-of-the-art system in the coming year.
- We use HACC's
Assessment Showcase. This highlights how we study institutional
effectiveness college-wide. It spotlights the important work we do.
- We developed an Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- We created an Institutional Effectiveness Task Force.
What is the purpose of the HACC's
Institutional Effectiveness Plan?
Institutional Effectiveness Plan:
- Shows how establishing goals for institutional
practices is important.
- Determines the systems and processes for meaningful
What does the Institutional
Effectiveness Task Force do?
Institutional Effectiveness Task Force:
- Determines how to achieve healthy assessment practices.
- Prioritizes action items.