learning is a fundamental component of the mission of most institutions of
higher education, the assessment of student learning is an essential component
of the assessment of Institutional effectiveness …" (Middle States Commission
on Higher Education, 2006)
We joined the
Office of Curriculum Compliance and Assessment with the Office of Institutional
Research and Assessment. They are now called the Office of Institutional
The Office of
Curriculum Compliance and Assessment have many goals. We:
- Oversee HACC's approval process for developing,
reviewing, and revising courses and programs.
- Ensure the process and corresponding documents adhere
to compliance requirements.
- Are a comprehensive resource for curricular issues.
- Collaborate with faculty, department chairs,
administrators and directors/coordinators from Workforce Development. We
work on program and course documents.
- Ensure implementation timelines are met. We make sure documents
reflect academic excellence.
- Ensure HACC's shared governance committees, the
Registrar's Office and all relevant external stakeholders access and
Our services include:
- Ensuring "all i's are dotted and t's are crossed."
- Alerting stakeholders of new and revised regulations.
These include regulations that may impact curricular planning and