back to web version
HACC's print sized logo

Emergency Assistance Funds

Emergency assistance funds

Students can apply for emergency assistance funds if they are facing extraordinary financial circumstances. Learn more about these funds.

What can I use the funds for?

You can use the funds for educational expenses. These expenses do not include tuition, but they do include the expenses below:

  • Books
  • Course fees
  • Course-required items not available in HACC's bookstores
  • Physicals
  • Emergency auto repair expenses
  • Bus passes
  • Childcare
  • Personal home catastrophe (e.g. fire or flood that directly affects your ability to attend classes)

Emergency assistance funds do not cover all expenses. 

Can the funds be used for HACC tuition?

No, you cannot use emergency assistance funds for tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the College.

Am I eligible for emergency assistance funds?

You are not eligible if you are:

  • A guest student
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) suspended

To be eligible for emergency assistance funds, you must:

  • Be enrolled in the term in which you are applying

How do I apply for emergency assistance funds?

Complete and submit the online form below. HACC will send you an eligibility notification email.

Who can I contact for more information?

Foundation scholarships coordinator