Get Military and Veterans Started
At HACC, we are available to assist you from the beginning to the end of your educational journey.
To request more information about our more than 120 programs, campuses and online options, please submit an online request or contact our Military and Veteran Affairs Offices (MVAO).
By meeting with us, you can on obtain information about eligibility for military and veterans’ education benefits.
Once you’ve learned about the application process, you are ready to:
1. Apply to become a HACC student.
2. Apply for your military education benefits.
- Apply online at www.gibill.va.gov or http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp.
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606 &1607 —VA form 22-1990
- Chapter 33 Dependent —VA Form 22-1990E
- Chapter 35 and Fry scholarship —VA Form 22-5490
- Chapter 31 Vocation Rehabilitation and Employment should meet with a VR&E counselor
- Electronically attach DD-214 or NOBE to your application. Do this when applying online.
- Electronically attach any additional entitlement (e.g. Kicker or College Fund).
- Print the submitted application confirmation page. Please bring this print out or a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), along with a copy of your DD-214 or NOBE, to the MVAO office
3. Contact HACC's Military and Veteran Affairs Office (MVAO).
- Set up an appointment to obtain information about military and veterans education benefits eligibility and how to use your benefits at HACC.
- You may schedule your MVAO appointment on the same day as your placement test.
- Walk-ins are always welcome but our hours vary based on semester and campus.
- Bring all required paperwork to your MVAO office.
4. Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.
5. Download the Veterans Benefits Request form (yellow sheet) on myHACC and submit it.
- Please submit a yellow sheet every term and when you add or change classes.
So the future students page will contain Kasey’s story, info about upcoming registration events and a link to “getting started”. The act 46 and other required statements can be moved to the bottom of the getting started page or put on their own page.