HACC Transfer Services
Phone: 717-270-4222 ext. 413353; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Services: Monday through Thursday; 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
To schedule your zoom appointment with Transfer Services, please click on one of the links below.
Zoom: Schedule Appointment;
Drop-in Remote Transfer Coaching Services Tuesday, 10am-noon: https://hacc.zoom.us/j/96027204419
To order your official HACC transcript click on the following link: Order your Official HACC transcript online
*Please note the hours are subject to change.
Welcome to the HACC Transfer Services. HACC's professional transfer team understands that obtaining your associate's degree and transferring to a four-year school is the primary goal of many of our students. Hence we are here to make sure that you achieve your dreams. Please review the information below and reach out to us with your question.
HACC has worked with many institutions in establishing practical articulations and dual admission agreements to ensure successful student transfers. These agreements will help determine what HACC credits align with their majors and programs, promoting a timely and efficient transfer. Click on the following links to learn more about our specific agreements and about why you should complete your associate's degree at HACC.
The drop-down menu below will provide you transfer information and class checksheets that HACC has established with our transfer partners.
Transfer Services' FAQs
Your HACC courses must meet your transfer institution's requirements. To plan a successful transfer, you should:
- Select your specific transfer college as soon as possible.
- Choose a transfer curriculum.
- Work with your advisor to select required transfer courses.
- Review HACC's transfer information. This includes transfer checksheets, comprehensive transfer notebooks, course equivalencies, transfer agreements, college directories and catalogs.
You can transfer at any time; however, consider completing your degree at HACC first. Transferring with an associate degree provides advance standing at a 4-year institution and also makes it more likely that you will be successful in your quest for a baccalaureate degree. Remember that before transferring, you must apply to and be accepted at the 4-year destination.
Your transfer institution may not accept the transfer credits that HACC did. HACC's transfer credit decisions do not reflect the decision of any other institution.
You will need to send official transcripts when you apply for transfer. These transcripts must include all coursework from schools you previously attended.
A dual-admission agreement is a cooperative partnership between HACC and a four-year college or university. It is for students interested in pursuing a bachelor degree. This agreement will:
- Facilitate your admission process
- Transfer your associate degree credits into a bachelor degree program
- Help ensure you do not lose any time or money
We have over 10 colleges and universities you can choose from for a dual-admission agreement.
Articulation agreements determine how credit is transferred into HACC or another institution.
Yes, HACC forms local, preferred partner transfer agreements with many Central Pennsylvania colleges and universities, but students have the option to transfer to other institutions as well. Students should contact the institution to which they plan to transfer for more information about how HACC credits can be transferred.
Yes. Here are some top resources for you to use to assist with your transfer research.
- www.patrac.org - The Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center (PA Trac) was created as a one-stop shop for PA transfer students – from community colleges to one of the PASSHE schools.
- www.collegeboard.org - Find colleges that match goals and interests
- www.nacacnet.org/knowledge-center/transfer - “Transfer Knowledge Hub: The latest resource on All Things Transfer”
- www.collegetransfer.net - A very useful college/university planning tool!
HACC transfer services has an online bulletin board containing flyers about upcoming events for all four-year transfer partners, including HACC events and our RaiseMe micro-scholarship partnership.
Colleges, like people, have different personalities. Their personalities are shaped by location, size, academic programs, faculty, services, and their diversity. So, look for characteristics that are important to you. For additional tips, visit Choosing the Right Four Year Transfer Partner .