Nursing Home Administrator
This 120-hour program will provide students with the core of knowledge for Nursing Home Administrators required by the State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators. Students will learn the responsibilities involved with becoming the administrator of a nursing home to include staffing, financial management, supervising resident care, marketing, and community outreach.
The 120-hour program is required to sit for the NHA certification examinations which are administered by the State Board. Each module of the 120-hour program is approved by the State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators. A certificate of program completion will be awarded after each module and if completing all 16 modules at HACC, a program completion certificate will be awarded as well.
How do I enroll in the program?
For more information or if you have questions, you can email healthcare Education staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the program name in the subject line. To register for this program please call 717-221-1348 or 717-221-1354.
Can I receive veteran education benefits for this program?
No, this program does not meet the required minimum number of hours to apply for veterans benefits.
Where can I work?
Nursing Home Administrators work in skilled nursing facilities (nursing homes).
HACC does not offer assistance in job placement for this program.
What are the program goals?
This curriculum is designed to prepare students to:
- Provide the participant with the knowledge and skills to direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical and other personnel working in a nursing home facility.
- Prove the participant with the knowledge to develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the facility.
- Discuss how to conduct and administer fiscal operations, including account, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
The program consists of 16 modules that make up the 120-hour program for the nursing home administrator licensure exam requirement set by the State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators.
Where can I get more information?
- Download the HACC program flier.
- Visit the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing Home Administrators https://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/NursingHomeAdministrators/Pages/default.aspx
- Visit ONET OnLine https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9111.00
- Visit the Bureau of Labor and Statistics https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm
For more information or if you have questions, you can email Healthcare Education staff at email@example.com or call 717-221-1348 or 717-221-1354.