International Studies: Associate in Arts (AA) (5030)
Are you interested in international affairs, political science or other cultures and languages on the global scale? The International Studies Program at HACC can be your passport to a challenging and rewarding career. After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Arts (AA), we can help you select a specialization and a four-year school to transfer your credits. Apply today!
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Our International Studies program is ideal if you plan to transfer to a four-year school and study:
- International studies
- International relations
- Political science
It could lead to a career in international political science, the U.S. Diplomatic Services or in a wide range of international organizations.
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our engaging professors teach a range of classes related to fundamental international studies and prepare you to:
- Transfer into an international relations program at a four-year institution
- Define international relations, which include the terminology, institutions and issues associated with international relations
- Understand essential methodologies, perspectives, approaches, processes and sources customarily used in the field of international relations
- Describe the major issues and/or future challenges to the current problem and concerns discussed in international relations along with possible responses and/or solutions
- Describe how factors such as culture, institutions, environment, knowledge, beliefs and/or ideology have influenced the conduct and effects of international relations
- Express an intermediate level of proficiency in a foreign language
- Explain the technology and communication forms and methods used in discussing and disseminating knowledge areas in the study of international relations
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Conveniently YOURS, our two-year degree program is designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of colleges and universities with no loss of credit. Though, each individual college has its own program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes with us.
Our transfer options include:
|Dickinson College:||International Studies (pdf)
|Millersville University of PA:||International Studies into International Studies (pdf)
|Shippensburg University of PA:||International Studies into History, Political Science, Psychology or Sociology (pdf)
|Wilson College:||International Studies (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
When can I apply?
You can apply anytime by submitting your application online. We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall terms. When you apply, please include the unique program code 5030 to ensure you apply for the correct program.
How can I learn more?