Mechatronics: Certificate (4261)
Are you curious about how machines work? Are you looking for a hands-on career that allows you to take full advantage of your critical and analytical thinking skills? If you answered “yes,” you may want to consider a career in mechatronics. Mechatronics combines mechanical engineering, electronics and more.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
With a passion for hands-on work, you can enter the workforce ready to find employment as a multi-skilled technician in the industrial, manufacturing and commercial industries. You will maintain, repair and manage automated systems and machines.
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
We are ready to teach you the broad skills you need to maintain, repair and manage automated systems and machines used throughout the industry. You will learn how systems integrate with one another and study mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and control systems.
You also can select electives in electronics, sensors and programmable logic controls (PLCs).
As you complete our Mechatronics Program, you will:
- Perform maintenance on electronic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and other mechanical equipment
- Interpret OSHA Standards
- Use hand tools, power tools and test equipment
- Demonstrate practical knowledge in electrical fundamentals, motor controls and process control systems
- Demonstrate practical knowledge in mechanical systems
- Demonstrate practical knowledge in fluid power systems
- Read electrical and mechanical blueprints
- Troubleshoot basic AC systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electromechanical equipment systems
Upon graduation, you will have a well-rounded background in maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying automated equipment.
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the associate degree in mechatronics.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you may apply online anytime by submitting your application through our website. When you do, please include program code 4261 in your application . The unique code ensures you apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
If you have a knack for how things work , we want to help you turn YOUR natural abilities into a career.