Humanities, Languages, and the Arts: Associate in Arts (AA) (2091)
If you have a passion for the arts, languages or music, HACC’s Humanities, Languages and the Arts Program can be your path to an inspiring career in the field of humanities. After completing our program and receiving your Associate in Arts (AA), we can help you choose a specialization and a four-year school to transfer your credits. Submit your application today!
What can I do with this in the workforce?
After completing your associate degree, you can work towards a bachelor’s degree in any humanities subject, including languages, music and art. Based on your interest areas, you can focus on:
If you are interested in transferring your credits to a specialized program at a four-year school so you can pursue a specific artistic goal, we will help you develop the skills and plan you need. The Humanities, Languages and the Arts program is ideal for students who have an:
- Interest in other cultures and traditions
- Appreciation for the fine arts
- Interest in studying abroad
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
The Humanities, Languages and the Arts program at HACC will give you the opportunity to select from a variety of courses that match your artistic interests. As you complete our program, you will be able to:
- Transfer into a humanities, languages and the arts discipline such as English language or literature, foreign languages, humanities or music at a four-year institution
- Define the fundamental concepts associated with the specific disciplines chosen by the student, which include but are not limited to, terminology, genres and theories
- Analyze, interpret and apply information in the assertion of ideas and conclusions
- Analyze works from literature and humanities within the context of a global community
- Recognize the influence of social context, such as history, politics and religions, on creative expressions within any culture
- Use technology and communication forms and methods used in discussing and disseminating knowledge and ideas in the specific disciplines of study
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Affordably YOURS, our two-year degree program is a transfer program. We designed our programs to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
Our various transfer options include:
Where can I complete this program?
You can complete the entire Humanities, Languages and the Arts program at HACC’s five campuses, as well as through Virtual Learning.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! The HACC Foundation provides approximately 200 scholarship opportunities. We encourage you to apply for scholarships based on your academic goals and eligibility by visiting hacc.edu/scholarships.
When can I apply?
You can apply for a HACC program anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please include program code 2091. The code is for this specific program and ensures you apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
HACC designed our Humanities, Languages and the Arts program for students with a passion for the humanities. We want to help you develop YOUR skills, so you can succeed in the exciting field of your choice. Please contact department chair Will Guntrum or an admissions counselor to request more information about the associate degree. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you enroll in our program.