College in the High School
Qualified high school juniors and seniors can take advantage of HACC's College in the High School (CHS) program. You will have the opportunity to enroll in college-level courses taught by your high school or technical school teacher.
CHS students can earn dual-enrollment credits from HACC and your high school. These course credits become part of your permanent HACC record. They can also count towards a HACC degree program. You can also transfer the credits to other colleges and universities.
How does CHS work?
- HACC works with your high school to identify qualified adjunct instructors and HACC courses for the program.
- High School students should print off the College in the High School and Dual Enrollment Application (preferred) and complete it with your high school counselor.
- Pay the required fees.
- You will receive a course grade on a HACC transcript and your high school record.
Why should I participate in CHS?
- Your high school offers the course. You will not have to travel to a HACC campus.
- We offer the courses at significantly reduced costs - only $50.00 per credit!
- You receive HACC college credits. You can transfer these credits to other colleges and universities.
- You receive access to HACC facilities including library and online resources, academic counseling and free tutoring services.
- You will have a head start with college credits. CHS courses can help ease your transition from high school to college.
- You will learn to manage your time and become familiar with the format of a college class.
- Exposure to college-level coursework can help you plan for post-secondary education.
Have additional questions?