Joseph E. Alsberry
HACC Foundation Board Member
1. How long have you been a part of the HACC Foundation Board?
Became a member in May 2017.
2. Which HACC campus location do you represent?
3. How long have you lived in the area?
Over 60 years
4. Why did you decide to become a member of the HACC Foundation Board?
Since I have a strong belief in HACC, I always wanted to volunteer my services to HACC, so that I could help make an impact on the students, especially the needy, who may need additional funding to get them through HACC until they receive their degree. Also although I am a member of HACC Alumni Council, I still felt that I needed to move up to a decision-making Board, so that I could make more of an impact of getting those students some type of funding.
5. What is your professional background, including current employer and position?
Employment & Workforce Development Programs (retired executive vice president, SCPA Works)
6. What do you enjoy the most about being a member of the HACC Foundation Board?
I will enjoy being able to help gather funds for the Foundation that will be used for scholarships and/or other type of funds for HACC students who may need additional funds to pay for their tuition and/or other school-related activities.
7. What are your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies are sports, especially tennis. My interests are mainly in volunteering for community, governmental boards and/or educational sector committees or boards.