Oralia Garcia Dominic, Ph.D.
HACC Foundation Board Chair
1. How long have you been a part of the HACC Foundation Board?
I have been a part of the HACC Foundation Board since 2013.
2. Which HACC campus location do you represent?
I represent and serve HACC’s Harrisburg Campus and help with initiatives supporting HACC’s mission across all five campuses—it’s service footprint.
3. How long have you lived in the area?
I have lived in PA since 2003.
4. Why did you decide to become a member of the HACC Foundation Board?
The privilege to serve on the HACC Foundation Board is part of my commitment to helping our students (and their families) and the communities they live in.
5. What is your professional background, including current employer and position?
I am a behavioral scientist who studies the effect of behavioral, and community factors on chronic disease like cancer and diabetes by race/ethnic and geography; and the impact of community- and clinic-based approaches to reduce health disparities. I also enjoy training and mentoring students in health disparities and cancer research.
Position: Assistant Professor of Public Health Sciences, and Biobehavioral Health (BBH) Penn State Hershey Medical Center, College of Medicine
6. What do you enjoy the most about being a member of the HACC Foundation Board?
I enjoy helping to ensure that our students have a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
7. What are your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy reading, DIY home and garden projects, music, traveling, and share my husband’s passion for Formula One Grand Prix racing.