Open topic with navigation
Image Gallery Overview
The use of website images has exploded in recent years making it challenging to manage large numbers of images. CommonSpot’s Image Gallery features provide a powerful yet simple way to manage image collections. You get the control you need to ensure that images comply with brand guidelines, with all the tools you need to easily organize and manage image collections.
By default CommonSpot creates a single catch-all gallery named Default Image Gallery. However, you can create one or more additional galleries to organize your images.
As an administrator of Image Galleries you can:
- Specify permissions controlling who can view, upload and remove images from the gallery
- Control the size dimensions of the images within the gallery (e.g. no restrictions, specific ratio, specific width and/or height)
- Automatically create additional images of specified sizes for more efficient rendering
- Establish rules for handling images that are not the proper size when added to the gallery (i.e., disallow crop, re-size, etc.)
As a content contributor you can:
- Easily search and find images within galleries, based on keywords, custom metadata, dimensions, location, etc.
- Select images from one of four (4) views: Listing, Filmstrip, Large Thumbnail,or Small Thumbnail.
- Mark certain galleries as favorites for faster access and default filtering.
- Render images as content on a page (Image or Image Grid elements), include in Rich Textblocks, or specify as fields in custom elements.
- Render a dynamic or manual listing of images from one or more galleries, through the new Image Index element (see the Elements Reference for details).
- Add images to a gallery via drag and drop, file selection, or copy and paste.
- Ensure accessibility standards through enforced title/alt tag text.
As with pages, CommonSpot manages all references to images contained in CommonSpot Image Galleries. If an image is moved from one subsite to another, CommonSpot automatically adjusts image references.
For procedural information on including images in your CommonSpot pages, see Working with Images and The CommonSpot Image Editor and Gallery
For details on creating and managing images, see Image Elements in the CommonSpot Element Reference.
To create and change image galleries, you must have Manage Image Gallery rights assigned through Site Administration. See Add Site Permissions in the Site Administrator's Reference.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
Sites upgrading from versions earlier than release 6.0 should review the following (from the support section of paperthin.com - requires login):
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation