Open topic with navigation
Change Link Reference
Access this dialog by choosing Referring Pages from the Links menu (or from items returned in CommonSpot reports) and clicking Change References for the current page. This option also displays from the Page Tools left panel. Use this dialog to define new targets for referring links. This dialog presents the options available from the Link Action Tab of the Insert Link dialog.
Type: Pick from the dropdown to change the type of link.
- Page or Bookmark on Page: Use this option to link to a page or a bookmark on another page. Click Choose from current subsite to select from the subsite or click the Choose button to link outside the current subsite. The Choose Page dialog displays options for simple or advanced searches for existing pages or documents. See the Find dialog description for details on choosing pages. Click the Bookmark button to display the Select Bookmark dialog for choosing from currently or manually defined bookmarks.
- Bookmark on Current Page: Select this option to insert a bookmark link from the current page, then click the Bookmark button. The Select Bookmark dialog displays. Choose defined bookmarks from the dropdown or enter a link from the current page.
- Uploaded Document: Use this option to link to an existing uploaded document. For this option, the Choose from current subsite or Choose buttons restrict results to uploaded files.
- Registered URL: Links to an external URL registered for your site. For this option, the Choose from current subsite or Choose buttons restrict results to registered URLs.
- Page Set: Links to a current Page Set for your site. Click Choose from current subsite to select from the subsite or click the Choose button to link outside the current subsite.
- Multimedia File - Presents options for choosing an externally or locally hosted video or multimedia file as the link target.
Search options return multimedia-specific results, with the option to upload new multimedia files.
- Multimedia Playlists - Like Multimedia File, presents options for choosing a sequence of externally hosted video or multimedia files for the link target (you cannot create local playlists).
Search options return multimedia-specific results, with the option to upload a new multimedia playlist.
- Email Link: Selecting this option displays an E-mail field. Enter a valid email address.
- Unregistered URL or Relative Internal URL: Displays a field for specifying a local (on this server) or fully qualified external URL. Enter a URL of the form /new link/here.html or http://www.newlinklocation.com
Link type determines which buttons are available for selecting a link target. One or more of the following display.
Click the Choose from current subsite button to select a page or object from this subsite. CommonSpot returns results based on link type.
Click the Quick Find button to use a simple search to locate a link target.
Click the Advanced Search button to build a search query to find a link target.
Click the Saved Search button to choose from your saved searches to set a link target (you must first create saved searches).
Click the Bookmark button to select a bookmark from existing bookmarks or to manually define new ones.
Once you choose a new target, CommonSpot prompts you to confirm changes.
Click Save to keep your changes.New link targets are immediately in effect.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
Sites upgrading from versions earlier than release 6.0 should review the following (from the support section of paperthin.com - requires login):
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation