Go to: Topics Supported by SMARTHINKING for the most up-to-date list of subjects.
- When you want live "Scheduled Tutoring," "Drop In," and/or submit an "Offline Questions"- Try SMARTHINKING!
- When you want help brainstorming for a paper, or someone to look over your paper before you turn it in - Try SMARTHINKING!
- When you're stuck on a math problem at midnight and need a real person to help you get back on track - Try SMARTHINKING!
CREATE or UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT
To set up a new SMARTHINKING account (or update an older account for the current semester):
Step 1- Login to Desire2Learn (D2L) at https://ehacc.hacc.edu or by accessing D2L from myHACC.
Step 2- Click the SMARTHINKING button under the Help for Students area on your My Home page of D2L.
Step 3- Your SMARTHINKING Account window will open.
Pleasenote that the first time you log into Smarthinking through D2L, you may see anoption to transfer your old . tutoring session records by typing in your oldusername and password. If you never used Smarthinking before (and have no oldtutoring sessions), simply click "Skip." Once you login, viewthe SMARTHINKING Student Handbook in the Academic Resources tabfor all you need to know about navigating the website and using the service.
If you are unable to login, contact your Learning Center Representative and/or access on-campus tutoring by clicking here.
- Connect With an e-structor and interact with a live tutor when you have a question.
Note: The first time you use SMARTHINKING, you will get a "plug-in" notice. You must click "Yes" when asked if you will accept the plug-in.
- Submit your Writing for any class to our Online Writing Lab and receive feedback from a tutor usually within 24 hours.
- Submit a Question and a tutor will reply usually within 24 hours.
PROBLEMS? CHECK YOUR TECH (Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips)
- Make sure that your browser is set up to allow cookies and pop-up windows (SMARTHINKING uses both of these)
- Recommended browsers= Firefox12+/Internet Explorer 9.0+/Safari 5.0+/Google Chrome 20.0+
- Make sure that you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to Java's Website and follow the instructions for the free download.
- For technical FAQs, visit our Smarthinking's Knowledge Base
Need help using SMARTHINKING? E-mail Customer Support at email@example.com or call (888) 430-7429.