HACC Tutoring and Testing: Lancaster Campus Tutoring
Located in Main 232 (access through the library), the Brossman Learning Center provides free tutoring on a walk-in basis for numerous courses each week.
For specific days, times, and course availability, please see the weekly tutoring schedules below.
Download Dec. 8 - Dec. 14 Download Schedule (pdf.rev.12/10/2018 **Schedule subject to change** ).
After December 13, the Learning Center is closed for winter break until Monday, January 14.
Note: If you have any questions about tutoring for a course not listed on the schedule, please ask Lori or Tim (contact info below).
Download the Nursing and Allied Health Video Collection (pdf) for links to dozens of videos carefully compiled for students working through their prerequisite classes before entering clinicals--very useful for A & P courses.
Download Resources for Nursing Students by Nursing Students (pdf) for links to websites recommended by your classmates and those who have gone before you!
Get the most out of your tutoring session:
Students can also take advantage of these free resources:
- "How To videos from HACC Tutoring Services" are short (2-2/12 minutes) videos designed to help explain learning skills.
- For more on demand resources visit these useful sites:
- Study skills videos at Salt Lake Community College.
- AIM workshops at Shippensburg University.
- Study skills videos through the Learning Strategies Center at Cornell University.
- Study skills videos at Saddleback College.
- Self-Help materials at Potomac State College.
- Study skills course videos at Brigham Young University.
- Online tutoring services through SMARTHINKING
Learning Center Resources
- Visit the Tutoring & Testing Libguide for important information and more helpful resources
- Guides for TI 83 or 84 graphing calculators, statistics and calculus.
- For more information about tutoring services or successful study strategies, check out these:
Academic coaches assist students in identifying their academic concerns and locating college resources, such as tutoring, that are available to help them.
Academic coaches take a personalized approach with each student. Coaches assist students in developing action steps and utilizing tools to help overcome barriers to their academic success. Sessions typically focus on time management, organizational skills, test preparation, and study strategies.
All sessions are conducted by appointment and are confidential.
Tutoring & Testing offers a COMM Lab for students in communications courses. Room 232A is reserved for students to practice and record speeches. To schedule a 45 minute appointment in the COMM Lab, call 358-2878 or stop in the testing center office. For more information, download the COMM Lab policies and procedures.(pdf)
Who works at Tutoring and Testing?