The Brossman Learning Center provides free tutoring and academic skills development. We offer tutoring sessions on a walk-in basis. Learn about the tutoring services available at Lancaster Campus.
When are tutoring sessions?
- Spring and Fall semesters —Mondays through Fridays, including some evenings. Saturday hours may also be available.
- Summer semester —Mondays through Thursdays.
Download Weekly Tutoring Schedule (pdf, rev 8/26/14) —for August 25-29 and September 1-5.
Where is the Brossman Learning Center?
The Brossman Learning Center is located at the back of the Library in Main 232.
Who are the tutors?
Professional and peer tutors provide tutoring services at the Learning Center.
What subjects does the Learning Center cover?
The Learning Center covers:
- Math —including algebra, statistics, trigonometry and calculus
- English, ESL and writing
- Biology —including A&P and microbiology
- Accounting, economics and finance
- Psychology and Sociology
information systems 105
- Spanish 101, German 101 and French 101
- Communications 101
Are there additional resources?
The Brossman Learning Center offers:
- Free walk-in workshops covering a wide range of college skills. We hold these every semester.
- Guides for TI 83 or 84 graphing calculators, statistics and calculus.
- Software programs you can use at your convenience. You can practice your skills with several programs. These include mathematics, algebra, grammar, writing and Peachtree accounting.
- Informational handouts to assist you with learning skills. These include topics on note-taking, time management, study tips and test preparation.
- Information on course content.
- Free study skills podcasts through public iTunesU (pdf).
- Online tutoring services through SMARTHINKING.
How can I learn more about the tutoring services?
- Download the Fall Office for Academic Success Newsletter (pdf).
- Download Tutoring &Testing Frequently Asked Questions (pdf).
- View The
Brossman Learning Center LibGuide.
Who works at the Learning Center?
- Lori Corradino —Campus Director, Academic Success, M232C, (717) 358-2860
- Kayla Landers —Learning Center Specialist, M232B, (717) 358-2884
- Amy Rivera —Test Center Specialist, M232E, (717) 358-2878
- Jerry Holt —Test Center Technician (evenings), M232E, (717) 358-2878