Weekly Tutoring Schedule * (pdf) for the weeks July 28-31 and August 4-7. (Updated July 24 at 3:00pm)
Tutoring is a walk-in service; no appointments are necessary.
To maximize your tutoring session, please:
- Bring all necessary class items (textbook, assignment, calculator, notes, handouts, syllabus)
- Come a few days before the assignment is due. We're good, but we cannot work miracles!
- Come prepared: write down specific questions to ask and complete the assignment to the best of your ability before meeting with the tutors.
- Be an active participant during the tutoring sessions; take notes, ask questions, etc.
- Make appropriate child care arrangements. Children are not permitted in the Learning Center.
The Learning Center commonly offers tutoring in the following courses:
- math (including algebra, statistics, trigonometry, and calculus)
- English, ESL, and writing
- biology (including A&P and microbiology)
- accounting, economics, and finance
- computer information systems
- Spanish 101 and German 101
- plus many more...
For information on tutoring and testing services at the Brossman Learning Center, check out the Tutoring & Testing Frequently Asked Questions. (pdf)
Take advantage of FREE, walk-in workshops covering a wide range of college skills every semester.
The Brossman Learning Center LibGuide provides users with information on tutoring and workshops to help students succeed at HACC.
Looking for help with your TI 83 or 84 graphing calculator, with statistics or calculus? Here are some guides to help you
- Lori Corradino - Campus Director, Academic Success, M232C, 358-2860
- Kayla Landers - Learning Center Specialist, M232B, 358-2884
- Amy Rivera - Test Center Specialist, M232E, 358-2878
- Jerry Holt- Test Center Technician (evenings), M232E, 358-2878