How can I get information on transferring from HACC?
Search for transfer information and checksheets by college. Use the search bar above.
How can I successfully plan my transfer?
Your HACC courses must meet your transfer institution's requirements. To plan a successful transfer, you should:
- Select your specific transfer college as soon as possible.
- Choose a transfer curriculum.
- Work with your advisor to select required transfer courses.
- Review HACC's transfer information. This includes transfer checksheets, comprehensive transfer notebooks, course equivalencies, transfer agreements, college directories and catalogs.
When can I transfer?
You can transfer at any time. You must apply to and be accepted by your transfer school.
You may choose to:
- Stay at HACC for the maximum amount of credits. You may base this decision on cost, proximity or class availability.
- Transfer as soon as another institution accepts you. A few majors, such as a Music major, may require you to transfer as soon as possible. This ensures you have a full range of choices for efficient and timely degree completion.
I transferred into HACC. Will my next transfer institution accept the same credits that HACC did?
Your transfer institution may not accept the transfer credits that HACC did. HACC's transfer credit decisions do not reflect the decision of any other institution.
You will need to send official transcripts when you apply for transfer. These transcripts must include all coursework from schools you previously attended.
Is HACC Accredited?
Transferring to a four-year college or university is a goal of many HACC students. HACC has highly transferable courses. The Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredits HACC. This is a standard accrediting organization for community and four-year colleges.