You can earn three to eight HACC credits in as little as one to four weeks of travel time while participating in a short-term, faculty-led travel course. Information about the 2017 short-term, faculty-led travel courses can be found here. Students will be able to apply for participation in these courses beginning August 29, 2016.
Where can you go?
Asia, Europe, North America or South America!
Who teaches HACC's travel courses?
Experienced HACC faculty lead and teach the travel courses.
When do the travel courses actually travel?
The Center for Global Education schedules travel to take place in January before "regular" spring term classes begin, over mid-term break in March but with the majority of the courses traveling after finals in May. Keep in mind there will be pre- and post-travel classes to attend in addition to the travel portion of the programs.
How can I apply?
If you are interested in applying for a 2017 travel course complete the Study Abroad application online. Follow instructions to create an account, select the course you are interested in and then complete the online application. HACC's 2017 travel courses will be open to accept applications on August 29.
Where is HACC going?
View the General Information Flyer listing for the proposed 2017 travel courses (pdf) when they are posted in early August.
- Although HACC short-term, faculty-led travel courses are designated as spring or summer term, students must have applied for participation, been accepted by the program's faculty leader and are enrolled in the course as early as October, 2016 (for the Guatemala program) through January/February, 2017 to meet our providers' deadlines. End registration dates will vary by program.
- HACC travel courses are subject to close without notice once capacity is reached.
- Enrollment into any of the HACC travel courses is controlled by the Center for Global Education. Only upon acceptance into the course AND completion of all enrollment documents, including payment of a $300 non-refundable deposit, will enrollment in the course take place. Students will be notified via email when the enrollment process is complete.
- Payment in full of the program fee (less the $300 deposit) is due 45 days prior to the program's departure date. The payment plan offered through Student Accounts for "regular" HACC classes DOES NOT APPLY TO TRAVEL COURSES. View the balance due date for each of the HACC travel courses.
- Refund Policy: Upon receipt of written notification of withdraw and including a completed and signed Drop/Add/Withdraw (DAW) form submitted to the Center for Global Education, cancellations and refunds will be processed according to the following policy.
Program Withdraw Date
Up to 30 days prior to departure
Paid program fees minus enrollment deposit and other program specific non-refundable costs
Between 29 days and day of departure
Don't have a US passport yet?
Click here for information on how and where to apply for a US passport
Funding your program fee:
If you qualify and funds are available, Financial aid and scholarships offered through HACC Foundation can be applied to your program fee. Applying for scholarships does not guarantee receipt of funds.
Contact the financial aid office on the campus nearest you.
Apply for scholarships offered through the HACC Foundation. New and revised applications for the Simon & Eva Brenner Travel Award and the Guy & Helen Swope Travel Award are available through AcademicWorks using the link above. Deadlines to apply will be announced shortly.