HACC Languages Abroad
Earn four or eight HACC Spanish credits by studying in Costa Rica for the Summer 2015 term. Learn about HACC's Language Abroad program.
What is the Costa Rica Language Aboard Program?
The Costa Rica Language Abroad program is Spanish-language courses —SPAN101/102/201/202.
There are two options:
- 3-week, 4-credit
- Tentative dates: May 17-June 7, 2015
- Program fee: Approx. $2,745-$3,045
- Complete one four-credit Spanish class. Earn four HACC credits in three weeks
- 5-week, 8-credit
- Tentative dates: May 17-June 21, 2015
- Program fee: Approx. $3,995-$4,295
- Complete two four-credit Spanish classes. Earn eight HACC credits in five weeks
What does the program fee include?
The program fee includes:
- Tuition and fees for four to eight HACC credits
- Round-trip air transportation
- Home stay with local families
- Admission to sites and attractions that are part of the program's curriculum
The program fee does not include:
- Course books and materials
- Some meals
- Local bus transportation
- Optional visits to tourist, art, theater, historical and coastal sites
- Valid U.S. passport
- Personal spending money
How do I apply?
You must complete a 2015 Application Packet. Submit it to:
- The Center for Global Education on HACC's Harrisburg Campus
- The Welcome Center on HACC's Gettysburg, Lancaster, Lebanon or York Campuses.
Visit the Center for Global Education if you have any questions. The office is located in C101a on HACC's Harrisburg Campus. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
How can I pay for the program?
- The Swope Travel Award — If you meet the criteria and we select you, you could receive up to $1,000 in funding through the HACC Foundation. Visit the Online Scholarship Management System to apply.
- Financial Aid —If you qualify, you can apply financial aid to the program fee. If you want to use financial aid funds or find out how much is available to you, contact the Financial Aid office on your campus.
How can I get more information?
Download the 2014 program flyer here (pdf).