We provide recreational opportunities for HACC students, faculty and staff members. Wellness activities help develop student life outside of the classroom. HACC recommends you check with your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Learn more about wellness activities.
Yoga and Zumba classes
These classes are FREE for HACC students, faculty and staff. Email Jeanette Wingert at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Bring your current HACC ID for entrance into the Evans Center.
ZUMBA - Mondays 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm
Yoga - TBA
Below are resources on prescription, tracking and other important aspects of exercise.
- Aim for a Healthy Weight —Offers ways to help you achieve a wealthy weight and/or lifestyle. These include interactive quizzes, guides to physical activity and suggestions for healthy grocery shopping.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator —Provides information and resources to determine your BMI, understand it and achieve a healthy weight.
- Fitness Calculators —Help you determine your caloric needs, race pace and other aspects of maintaining an active lifestyle.
- Map My Run —Enables you to plot out new walking or running routes. You can log your workouts and share all of it with your friends.
- Physical Activity Calculator —Calculates the estimated calories you can burn for performing different physical activities.
- Active Training Log —Is a free online training log. It includes tools to map out new walking/running routes.
Below is information on good dietary habits. It includes how to incorporate them into your life.
- Healthier US —Provides credible, accurate information to help you choose healthier options in life.
- Healthy Dining Finder —Allows you to search for dietitian-approved menu items. These range from fast food to fine-dining establishments. It also includes information on how they determine which foods are approved.
- My Pyramid —Offers personalized eating plans. It also includes tools to help you plan and assess your food choices.
- Nutrition.Gov —Provides a variety of nutrition information. This information can help you make decisions for a healthier life.
Below is information on stress and sleep. It includes how you can overcome stress. It also includes how to minimize the effect of stress on your livelihood.
- Help Guide —Offers information on how to reduce, prevent and cope with stress.
- Mind Tools —Provides information to help you deal with job-related stress. It also includes how to overcome stress in a range of situations.
- Stress Assessment —Evaluates five different aspects of your stress. It also provides information to reduce the stress in your life.
- National Sleep Foundation —Offers information on healthy sleep and what can affect it.