Questions: please contact Jeanette Wingert
Exercise: Various resources on exercise prescription, tracking, and other important aspects.
- Aim for a Healthy Weight - The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute offers ways to aid your ability to achieve a wealthy weight and/or lifestyle with interactive quizzes, guides to physical activity and suggestions for healthy grocery shopping.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator - CDC provides the information and resources to determine your BMI, understand it, and achieve a healthy weight.
- Fitness Calculators - A variety of calculators to help you determine your caloric needs, race pace and other aspects of maintaining an active lifestyle.
- Map My Run - Offers the ability to plot out new walking or running routes, log your workouts, and share all of it with your friends.
Physical Activity Calculator - Calculates the estimated calories you can burn for performing different physical activities.
- Active Training Log - They offer a free online training log that you can register for, along with tools to map out new walking/running routes.
- Healthier US - Provides credible, accurate information to help you choose the healthier options in life.
- Healthy Dining Finder - Search for dietitian-approved menu items, ranging from fast food to fine dining establishments. As well as, information provided on how they determine the approval of items.
My Pyramid - Offers personalized eating plans, with tools to help you plan and assess your food choices.
Nutrition.Gov - Providing a variety of nutrition information, helping you to make the decisions for a healthier life.
Stress Management: Information on stress, and how you can work to overcome it, while minimizing its affect on your livelihood.
- Help Guide - Information on how to reduce, prevent and cope with stress.
Mind Tools - Information to help you deal with job-related stress, and the ability to overcome stress in a range of situations.
Stress Assessment - The assessment evaluates five different aspects of your stress, and provides information to reduce the stress in your life.
- National Sleep Foundation - Information on healthy sleep and how a variety of things can affect it.