HACC Students

Advising & Counseling

Advising and Counseling

HACC's Counseling Services Office supports students in academic success. We provide services that promote intellectual, emotional and social development.

HACC's professional counselors provide academic, career and personal counseling. Counselors can also provide information about community resources. These include legal, financial and mental health services. 

We also offer confidential self-screening.

Learn more about advising and counseling services at HACC.

Why should I talk with my academic advisor?

HACC encourages all students to meet with their advisor before registering for classes. Your advisor can:

  • Help you select your courses. You are ultimately responsible for selecting courses, but your advisor can help you make wise academic choices.
  • Give you information about HACC. Your advisor has a broad knowledge of educational programs, policies and procedures at HACC.
  • Ensure you are on the path to your degree. Your advisor knows degree requirements. Your advisor can also provide transfer information.

How do I contact my Academic Advisor?

  • Log in to HACCWeb.
  • Select "Student Services &Financial Aid."
  • Select "Student Records."
  • Select "View My Student Information."
  • Select "General Student Record."

You will see your primary advisor listed on this screen. You will also see their contact information.

I am thinking about changing majors. What should I do?

HACC encourages you to meet with your advisor from your program of study. If you are unsure of your program of study, email counselors@hacc.edu.

Do I need my advisor's approval to register for classes?

HACC urges all students to contact their advisor with questions. HACC requires you to get your advisor's approval for registering if you:

  • Are a new student
  • Have a GPA of less than 2.0
  • Are in certain majors that require advisors' approval for class registration

To get your advisor's approval, you need:

  • Your advisor's signature on the enrollment form
  • The Advising Code. This is the equivalent to the advisor's signature for online registration.