General 1098T’s Information:
- A 1098-T reports qualified tuition and fees BILLED for the calendar year issued and may assist recipients in determining eligibility of education deductions/credits for tax purposes. HACC is not authorized to provide tax advice to students, parents or any other interested party, please consult your tax advisor to determine eligibility.
- Reports qualified tuition and fees BILLED during calendar year issued, regardless of when the actual term begins/ends or when payment is received by the College.
- If scholarships and/or grants administered or processed by the College is greater than amounts billed for qualified tuition and related expenses for the calendar year, a 1098T will not be issued.
- Administered and processed Scholarships and grants (Box 5) includes tuition discounts related to a valid Certificate of Residency timely presented to the College, scholarships, grants and tuition/fee exemptions.
- 1098T’s are mailed from the College by January 31st for previous calendar activity to students current/active address on file as of January 1st.
- 1098T’s are also posted to the students HACC Web account or MyHACC page by January 15th.
In order for the College to issue a 1098-T, as required by the Internal Revenue Service, a valid Social Security Number (SSN) must be on file.
If you did not provide the College with your Social Security Number at time of admission, please complete IRS Form W-9S and submit to your Campus Welcome Center.