spacer Apply Now!!
Spacer HACC Home Page


Advisor Approval to Register

You may need to have an advisor's approval (Advisor Code) to register for courses. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you must obtain an advisor's approval (Advising Code) prior to registering:

1. Are you a new student scheduling courses full-time for your 1st or 2nd term (2nd term effective spring 2012) at HACC?
(Excludes College In High School and Guest Major students.)
2. Are you scheduling courses in the Fall and/or Spring term within one year following your high school graduation?
3. Are you a non-high school graduate scheduling courses for your 1st term at HACC?
4. Are you a foreign student (F-1 Status only) scheduling courses for your 1st term at HACC?
5. Are you an accelerated or provisional high school student at HACC?
(You are an accelerated or provisional student if you were granted permission to take HACC courses while still in high school.)
6. Are you on academic probation or suspension reinstatement at HACC?
7. Are you currently enrolled in one of these majors at HACC? YesNo

Child Care (5180)
Culinary Arts (1261, 1581)
Early Childhood Education (5500)
Early Childhood - Elem Educ (5070)
Elementary Education K-6 (5100)
Environmental Associate (3060)
Environmental Associate (3060)
HRIM-Culinary Arts (1260, 1580)

Health Sciences (359P)
Visual Arts-Graphic Design (2200, 2840)
Nuclear Medicine Tech (3630, 363N)
Phlebotomy Technician (0390)
Radiologic Technology (374P, 3750,
     375N, 375P, 376P, 3760, 376N,
Legal Assistant & Paralegal Studies
     Certificates (5300, 5301)  

8. Are you a new student scheduling courses part-time for your 1st term at HACC in any of these majors?

(If you answer yes to this question, you are not required to have your advisor's approval/advising code to register, but are highly encouraged to consult with your advisor anyway.)

Administrative Office Specialist (1370, 1371, 1921)
Architectural Technology (4170, 4470)
Building Construction Technology (4250, 4510)
CVT (0130, 013P,3510, 351P, 3530,353P)
Dental Assistant (3200, 320P)
Dental Hygiene (3490, 349P)
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (354P)
Electronic Engineering Tech (4310, 4580)
Emergency Health Services Mgmt (3500)
Health Information Technology (3560, 356P)
Industrial Maintenance (4260, 4710)
Mechanical Technology (4350)
Mechanical Engineering Technology (4700)
Medical Assisting (3210, 321P, 3240,
     3520, 352P)
Medical Laboratory Tech (3580, 358P)
Nursing (3680, 368P)
Paramedic (3330, 333P, 3690, 369P)
Pharmacy (3280, 328P, 3850, 385P)
Practical Nursing (3270, 327P)
Radiologic Technology (3740)
Respiratory Care (3890, 3920, 392P)
Surgical Technology (3220, 322P, 3620,
Technology Studies (4400, 4680)
Ultrasound (3230, 323P)

Approval to register may be granted by an advisor in two ways:

1) If registering online via the HACC Web, obtain the Advising Code (formerly the Alternate PIN) from your advisor prior to attempting online registration. Generally, the Advising Code will be given to you at the conclusion of your advising meeting;

2) If registering in person or by mail/fax,obtain your advisor's signature along with the Advising Code on the Enrollment Form (used for initial registration) or the Drop/Add/Withdrawal Form (used to make changes to your existing schedule). If you have obtained approval (Advising Code) to register or determined that you don't need approval (Advising Code) to register, then you may
*** Register online via HACC Web. ***

Site Map | Locations | Contact Us | Employment | Right to Know | Antidiscrimination Policy | Email Webmaster
One HACC Drive, Harrisburg PA 17110 (800) ABC-HACC   .:.  © 1996- 2014   .:.   updated: September 23, 2013
iTunesU Facebook TwitterLinked InYou Tube