Documentation Required for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Documentation must be current, completed within the last 3 years.
- Assessment/evaluation must be conducted by a licensed mental health professional.
- Documentation must be typed on official letterhead and include the date, name, title and professional credentials of the evaluator.
- Documentation must be comprehensive including the method of diagnosis and a specific diagnosis of ADHD based on DSM-IV criteria.
- Describe the limits the ADHD imposes, especially the impact of ADHD on a major life activity in an educational setting.
- State the specific recommendations for academic adjustments/accommodations.
- Updated documentation may be required due to the changeable nature of the condition.
*All documentation is maintained confidential.
**Student: Please provide name, address, and telephone number so that we may contact you after documentation has been reviewed.