Guest students are students who are currently enrolled at another college or university and are taking courses at HACC to fulfill the home institution's degree requirements.
Prior to applying for admissions to HACC as a Guest Student, consult with your home school advisor or Registrar to assure credit transferability before choosing your classes at HACC.
Before you can begin classes, there are several important steps you must complete:
||Complete the Application for Admission available online and pay the one-time, non-refundable $35.00 application fee.
||Review your admit letter that contains your HACCid and password for logging in to the myHACC portal.
- Log in to your myHACC portal to access your account information and register for classes.
||Complete, sign, and submit theGuest Student Course Approval Form(pdf) to the campus Welcome Center with a copy of your unofficial transcript from your home institution. Please review the requirements for the course for which you intend to register.
Note: To register for EDUC classes, clearances must be submitted and verified by the Education Department. For more information on Education class requirements, visit: http://www.hacc.edu/AcademicDepartments/Education/upload/2013_clearances-2-pdf.pdf .
||Activate your HAWKMaile-mail account using the login information provided in your admission acceptance letter.
||Register for classes online through your myHACC portal.
- If you receive a "Prerequisite and Test Score Error" for the course in which you are attempting to register, you must complete Step 3 above.
- If you are unable to register online through myHACC, and you have the appropriate overrides, contact your campus Welcome Center for assistance.
||Pay tuition and fees by the tuition due dates, either at theWelcome Centerat the campus you plan to attend or online via myHACC.
- All residents living in PA one year or longer save by paying lower in-state tuition rates.
- Students living in Cumberland, Dauphin or Perry Counties may be eligible to receive sponsoring rates and will need to contact theirschool district office to obtain a certificate of residence.
||Obtain your Photo ID and Parking tag at your campus security office. Note: Parking passes are not meeded at the Lebanon Campus.
||Purchase books at your campus Bookstore or online.
||Request that your official HACC transcripts be sent to your home college or university after the completion of the coursework. Transcript request forms can be obtained from the Records Office or online via myHACC.
Please Note: Guest students are generally not eligible for financial aid through HACC. However, to determine if you are eligible for financial aid through your home institution, contact your home institution and request that a Consortium Agreement be processed. A Consortium Agreement is a contract between two colleges that helps to determine financial aid eligibility while ensuring that any financial aid is processed through the home institution.
- The Guest Student Course Approval Form authorizing enrollment in a HACC course is required as a means of ensuring your course preparedness.
- The approval is not intended nor does it substitute as transfer course approval from your home institution.
- Consult with the Registrar at your home institution to assure credit transferability.
If you are unable to apply for admission online, you may choose to submit the paper application with your one-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 to:
HACC - Central Admissions C214
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999