Wellness activities are geared toward helping to develop student life outside of the classroom by providing recreational opportunities for students, faculty and staff members of HACC to participate in.
It is always recommended to check with a doctor before beginning an exercise program.
Exercise: Various resources on exercise prescription, tracking, and other important aspects.
- Aim for a Healthy Weight - The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute offers ways to aid your ability to achieve a wealthy weight and/or lifestyle with interactive quizzes, guides to physical activity and suggestions for healthy grocery shopping.
- Fitness Calculators - A variety of calculators to help you determine your caloric needs, race pace and other aspects of maintaining an active lifestyle.
- Map My Run - Offers the ability to plot out new walking or running routes, log your workouts, and share all of it with your friends.
Exercise Training Logs:
There are a variety of free training log options available. Keeping track of your exercise routines is one of the best ways to stay on track and maintain a healthy workout regimen.
Healthy Eating & Nutrition:
- Active Training Log - They offer a free online training log that you can register for, along with tools to map out new walking/running routes.
Information on good dietary habits, and how to incorporate them into your life.
- Healthier US - Provides credible, accurate information to help you choose the healthier options in life.
- Healthy Dining Finder - Search for dietitian-approved menu items, ranging from fast food to fine dining establishments. As well as, information provided on how they determine the approval of items.
- My Pyramid - Offers personalized eating plans, with tools to help you plan and assess your food choices.
- Nutrition.Gov - Providing a variety of nutrition information, helping you to make the decisions for a healthier life.
Stress Management: Information on stress, and how you can work to overcome it, while minimizing its affect on your livelihood.
- Help Guide - Information on how to reduce, prevent and cope with stress.
- Mind Tools - Information to help you deal with job-related stress, and the ability to overcome stress in a range of situations.
- Stress Assessment - The assessment evaluates five different aspects of your stress, and provides information to reduce the stress in your life.