Fall 2013 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Pennsylvania State Farm Show Complex, Large Arena
Commencement speaker application form
Information for Fall 2013 Graduates
- Students who are eligible to graduate in the Fall term are invited to participate in the December commencement ceremony.
- Students who apply to graduate by Oct. 4 will have commencement information mailed to them in October.
- Students who submit their application for graduation by Nov. 1 and potentially qualify for graduation will have their name included in the commencement program.
- A final confirmation letter will be sent to all students scheduled to participate in commencement during the last week of November.
Regalia and Diplomas
- Caps and Gowns: Caps and gowns are available for purchase at each campus bookstore. Please refer to your specific campus bookstore for hours of operation.
- Degrees, Certificates, and Diplomas: Will be mailed approximately four weeks after final certification has been completed.
Graduation Pictures and DVDs
- Graduation Pictures: Professional photography services will be available at the ceremony. Candidates will be professionally photographed as they receive their Diploma Cover. Candidates are under no obligation to purchase the photo proof that will be sent to them. A professional photographer will be available in the Northeast Hall for formal portrait photos prior to the ceremony.
- Graduation DVDs: The Commencement ceremony will be recorded and the DVDs are available to order at http://bookstore.hacc.edu/harrisburg/site_graduation.asp. Orders will also be taken by the bookstore before the ceremony and immediately following the ceremony in the lobby outside the Large Arena. The Graduation DVDs are $15 each (CASH only) if ordered at the ceremony. DVDs will be mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after Commencement. Questions can be directed to Julie Cullings by calling (717) 736-4141.
Guests and Parking
- Guests: Candidates may invite as many guests as they wish to the ceremony. Guests should report directly to the Large Arena. Refreshments will be for sale in the Large Arena venue.
- Parking arrangements: Candidates and guests must park in designated parking areas and enter through the North Parking Entrance off Elmerton Avenue. The parking map is available at: http://www.hacc.edu/StudentLife/Commencement/upload/Farm-Show-Parking-2012.pdf
Candidates with disabilities attending the graduation ceremony may park in designated handicap areas as shown on the parking map. Family members attending who have difficulty walking or use a wheelchair may be dropped off at the Main Entrance off Cameron Street.
Candidates with disabilities participating in the ceremony should contact Julie Cullings at (717) 736-4141 by December 6 before 4 PM regarding special arrangements. To assist people with hearing impairments, closed captioning will be used during the ceremony.
Report to the NorthEast Hall inside the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex at 2:30 p.m. Enter through the Farm Show Main Entrance and follow volunteers and posted signage. Candidates will robe and assemble alphabetically by campus. Candidates will complete a name card and be placed into line for the processional. Candidates arriving after 9:00 AM may not be able to walk in the assembly line for their campus. DO NOT BRING PURSES, CAMERAS OR OTHER VALUABLES TO THE ROBING ROOMS.
- Commencement programs will be on the Candidates’ seats.
- Flowers and commencement mementos will be for sale outside of the Large Arena.
About the Ceremony
- The Procession: Candidates will lead the graduation procession, followed by the faculty, the trustees and platform guests. Candidates will form a double line by campus for the procession and recession. Candidates will follow the lead of the Student Marshals during the ceremony.
- During the Ceremony: Candidates should pay close attention to Dr. Ski, President of the College, for instructions during the entire ceremony. Candidates need to remain seated during the ceremony. •
- The Recessional: The Trustees and platform guests will lead the recessional, followed by the faculty and then the students. The ceremony should last approximately two hours. ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ENTIRE CEREMONY.