Have you saved money by attending HACC? Have you received a scholarship, financial aid or financial support through assistance programs that has helped you pursue your educational goals at HACC?
Current students, it’s YOUR turn to share your story.
By following the rules outlined below, you may win $250 to apply to your HACC tuition, books and fees.
- Beginning at 8 a.m. on Oct. 17, 2016, current HACC students will have five business days to:
- Go to HACC’s collegewide Facebook and/or Twitter pages.
- Locate and respond to the question about how you saved money by attending HACC. The question will include the hashtag: #HACCsavings.
- Comment on the Facebook post or reply to the tweet and use the hashtag (#HACCsavings) in your response.
- Respond one time only. Individuals may not respond more than once.
- Be creative. Use photos and videos to share your response. Including a selfie photo or video is required to be entered into the drawing.
- Share your response by 5 p.m. on Oct. 21.
- The contest will start at 8 a.m. on Oct. 17 and close at 5 p.m. on Oct. 21.
- All participants who follow the rules noted above will be eligible for the drawing for a $250 tuition giveaway. A tuition giveaway is free money that you can apply to your HACC tuition, fees and books for the spring and/or summer 2017 terms. Three $250 tuition giveaways will be awarded by Nov. 4, 2016.
- The Office of College Advancement (OCA) team will draw three names out of a hat once the week is over. The chosen students will be invited to the Office of College Advancement (TL200) to get their photo taken. Students that are not able to travel from another campus will be asked to submit a photo with the tuition giveaway voucher. The photos will then be posted on social media to congratulate the current students.
- You must be a current HACC student to be eligible for the drawing. A current HACC student is currently taking classes at any of the five campuses and/or Virtual Learning.
- Examples of posts or tweets include:
- I saved money at HACC through the scholarships I received. #HACCsavings
- My #HACCsavings came from the different assistance programs at HACC. Thanks to them, I was able to buy my books.
- #HACCsavings are a life saver. Thanks to the financial aid office, I was able to complete my FAFSA, which covered my entire tuition.
- Each tuition giveaway will only have one recipient and participants are limited to claiming one tuition giveaway only.
- HACC reserves the right to remove any participants' posts, tweets or comments that are abusive or dishonest.
- Each participant in the contest gives HACC permission to use his/her photograph or video that is shared on social media, either individually or in a group setting, and to use video or photographs in which you appear in college advertisements and in publications, including, but not limited to, newsletters, annual reports and social media.
- HACC employees and their immediate family members and non-HACC students cannot participate in the #HACCsavings contest. This includes HACC’s student workers and their immediate family members.
This is YOUR chance to save money at HACC! Are you ready? If you're not following HACC on social media, get a head start - like our page and follow us!
We look forward to seeing YOUR HACC savings stories!