Law Enforcement Upcoming Events
The Law Enforcement Unit offers Basic Handgun Marksmanship and Safety for Civilians course.
This class is eight hours. It is for civilians who want basic knowledge and hands-on experience with a handgun.
The course will cover:
- Legal topics. These include chapter 5 of the PA Crimes Code and Pennsylvania's Castle Doctrine.
- Safe handling and storage of a handgun
The live fire portion will cover basic fundamentals such as:
- Proper stance
- Trigger control
To take this class, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have your own handgun and 50 rounds of manufacturer-approved ammunition. We do not allow re-loaded ammunition.
- Have proper hearing protection, eye protection and a baseball-style hat
We hold classes at the Senator Jeffrey E. Piccola Law Enforcement Complex.
Tuition is $150. You must pay the full tuition amount when you register.
How do I find more information?
- Call 717-780-2562 or 800-222-4222, ext. 2562 or e-mail email@example.com