Pennsylvania Department of Health EMS Instructor Certification class - $150.00
Course Prerequisites -
All students must have the following prior to being enrolled in the EMS Instructor program:
- Proof of 18 years of age or older
- Current certification in CPR or current certifications a CPR instructor
- Current certification as an EMT or higher level EMS provider
- at least 1 year of experience in providing EMS as an EMT or higher level EMS provider
- Documentation of at least 16 hours of instructional time within an EMS certification program within the last 2 years
Letter of Recommendation from one the following:
PA Department of Health Accredited Training Institute Director or Administrator
EMS Certification Program Coordinator
The instructor program is intended to provide the new educator the necessary foundation that is required to provide quality EMS instruction to the responders of tomorrow.
This class teaches future instructors the components of the learning process, methods of teaching (teaching theory and teaching skills), preparation and use of a variety of media and materials, and purpose and methods of evaluation.
Class will be held at HACC- Harrisburg Campus, Shumaker Public Safety Center and students will need to attend each of the following sessions:
Friday, August 15th 6:30pm - 10pm
Saturday, August 16th and Sunday, August 17th 8am-5pm
Monday, August 18th and Wednesday, August 20th 6:30pm - 10pm
To register for this course or for more information, please call the EMS Education Unit at 717-780-1979
HACC-Shumaker Public Safety Center is a Pennsylvania Department of Health
Accredited Certification Training Institute.