The Shumaker Public Safety Center is a Pennsylvania Department of Health Accredited Certification Training Institute. Learn about instructor classes available at HACC.
What classes are available?
- American Heart Association Instructor —We do not offer American Heart
Association Instructor classes at this time.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
EMS Instructor Certification Course
To enroll, you must have:
- Proof you are at least 18 years old.
- Current certification in CPR or current certifications a CPR instructor.
- Current certification as an EMT or higher-level EMS provider.
- At least one year of experience in providing EMS as an EMT or higher-level EMS provider.
- Documentation of at least 16 hours of instructional time. Time must be for the EMS certification program within the last 2 years.
- Letter of recommendation from either the PA Department of Health Accredited Training Institute Director/Administrator or EMS Certification Coordinator.
What does the program cover?
You will develop the skills necessary to provide quality EMS instruction to the responders of tomorrow.
This class covers:
- Components of the learning process
- Methods of teaching (teaching theory and teaching skills)
- Use of a variety of media and materials
- Purpose and methods of evaluation
When is class?
Class will be held at the Shumaker Public Safety Center.
April 10 - 15, 2015
Friday, Monday & Wednesday
6:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
8 a.m - 5 p.m.
How do I get more information and register?
Call the EMS Education Unit at 717-780-2458.