Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P)
The Shumaker Public Safety Center provides EMS courses. Learn about the Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Paramedic (CCEMT-P) course.
What are the program requirements?
You must fulfill certain requirements for admission into the program. You must have:
- Minimum of two years as an active health care professional (EMT-P, RN)
- Current certifications in CPR, ACLS, PHTLS or ITLS or TNCC, PALS
- What does the course cover?
The CCEMT-P course provides a basic educational foundation. It prepares paramedics and nurses to be critical care transport team members. The curriculum bridges the gap between pre-hospital and hospital critical-care environments.
The course will help you in key areas. You will:
- Learn what critical patients need during transport
- Become familiar with hospital procedures and equipment
- Learn how to keep hospital equipment stable
- Learn how to adhere to procedures during transport
This course contains five sections. Each section has learning objectives and declaratives. These will assist you throughout the class. The five sections are:
- Preparatory-critical care environment
- Airway management
- Special considerations
How do I successfully complete this course?
For successful completion, you will need:
- 100% attendance
- To pass a comprehensive written exam at the end of the course
You will receive a renewable certificate from UMBC upon successful completion. The certification will be valid for three years.
When is the course?
August 20, 2015 - November 19, 2015
HACC - Harrisburg Campus
Shumaker Public Safety Center
Can I enroll in this course for renewal continuing education hours?
Current CCEMT-P Providers may enroll in daily program sessions for renewal continuing education hours. You need to provide proof of current CCEMTP provider status to attend these sessions.
You are limited to 36 CCEMTP renewal hours with this course.
How do I get more information and register?
Contact the EMS Education Unit at 717-780-2458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.