Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program (CCEMTP)
Learn about the Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program (CCEMTP) sponsored by UMBC.
What are the program requirements?
You must fulfill certain requirements for admission into the program. You must have:
- Minimum of two years as an active health care professional (EMT-P, RN)
- Current certifications in CPR, ACLS, PHTLS or ITLS or TNCC, PALS
- What does the course cover?
The CCEMTP course provides a basic educational foundation. It prepares paramedics and nurses to be critical care transport team members. The curriculum bridges the gap between pre-hospital and hospital critical-care environments.
The course will help you in key areas. You will:
- Learn what critical patients need during transport
- Become familiar with hospital procedures and equipment
- Learn how to keep hospital equipment stable
- Learn how to adhere to procedures during transport
This course contains five sections. Each section has learning objectives and declaratives. These will assist you throughout the class. The five sections are:
- Preparatory-critical care environment
- Airway management
- Special considerations
How do I successfully complete this course?
For successful completion, you will need:
- 100% attendance
- To pass a comprehensive written exam at the end of the course
You will receive a renewable certificate from UMBC upon successful completion. The certification will be valid for three years.
How much does the program cost?
The tuition is $950.00. This does not include the cost of required textbooks.
When is the course?
Aug. 22 - Nov. 21, 2019
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
HACC - Harrisburg Campus
Shumaker Public Safety Center
Can I enroll in this course for renewal continuing education hours?
UMBC is an approved continuing education provider for FP-C® and CCP-C® Certification Renewal, having met the standards and requirements set forth by the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification (BCCTPC).
Current CCEMTP Providers may enroll in daily program sessions for renewal continuing education hours. You need to provide proof of current CCEMTP provider status to attend these sessions. Each session is $50.00.
You are limited to 40 CCEMTP renewal hours with this course.
How do I get more information and register?
Contact the EMS Education Unit at 717-780-3255 or email@example.com.