Web Development and Design: Certificate (1450)
Are you a creative person who loves working with computers? Do you enjoy creating content for the web and trying new technologies to bring visions to life? If this sounds like you, consider a career in web development and design.
Our Web Development and Design Certificate Program allows you the opportunity to choose from three special areas, depending on your interests
What can I do with this in the workforce?
With the certificate, you will be ready to find employment in businesses, government agencies and web consulting firms as a:
- Web application developer
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Web interactive media specialist
- Web producer
- Web UX (user experience) designer
This type of career may be a good fit if you:
- Are creative with solid computer and math skills
- Enjoy working with others
- Consider yourself organized
- Have good time-management skills
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
With our Web Development and Design Certificate Program, you will gain the skills you need to be successful in the field right away!
You begin the program with 21 credits in foundation courses that lay the groundwork for a specialty. Then, you will select 15 credits within a specialization that fits your interests. The specializations that we offer are:
- Web application development emphasizes building interactive, data-driven websites and mobile applications.
- Interactive web media focuses on making creative content with rich media and responsive page layout using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- General web studies offers you the chance to develop a mix of design and development skills.
Throughout the program, you will:
- Design high quality webpages for a variety of uses
- Develop web applications that integrate server programming, databases and markup languages for business and electronic commerce
- Publish websites with effective design and content for various platforms
- Create interactive and multimedia content for web use
- Create programs for both web and mobile applications
- Work individually, and as team members, on website projects
Additionally, you will work with your classmates in the final capstone course prior to graduation. You will work on an individual portfolio, team-based service learning projects and your soft skills. This will consist of interviewing, traditional and online networking, promotion techniques, proper dress and appropriate demeanor to enter the marketplace. You also may choose a web program internship to learn from a mentor within the industry and use this as an elective course.
Federal regulations require the College to disclose specific gainful employment information about this program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our certificate program is designed to lead you into the workforce or toward the associate degree in Web Development and Design.
When you complete your associate degree, you have options to continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Thanks to the HACC Foundation, you have the opportunity to offset the cost of your education. There are approximately 200 scholarships available. To learn more about the application process and eligibility requirements, please visit hacc.edu/scholarships.
When can I apply?
HACC offers classes in the spring, summer and fall, and you can apply anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, please make sure you include program code 1450, which ensures you are applying for the correct program.
How can I learn more?
At HACC, we are committed to seeing you succeed. To learn more, please contact an admissions counselor or department chair Kelley Engle to request more information. We want to help you take YOUR next step to a fulfilling and rewarding career.