Technology Studies: Certificate (4400)
Do you have interests in a variety of technology areas like computer technology, building construction and codes, HVAC, civil engineering or electronics? Would you love to have the option to tailor your degree towards those interests? Would you like the opportunity to explore such areas?
Whether you are currently employed and would like to update your skills or you are looking for a new career, our Technology Studies Certificate Program can get you started in the right direction.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
With a certificate, you will have the skills and knowledge to advance in technology-dependent fields in:
- Automated systems maintenance and manufacturing
- Building construction and codes
- Computer technology
- Electrical, civil and municipal engineering
- Field supervision
- Heating, ventilating and air conditioning
- Machine design
You are most likely to succeed if you:
- Demonstrate skills in math and science
- Can be a team member and/or be a leader
- Enjoy figuring out how machines work
- Have an interest in a number of fields
- Are detail-oriented
- Can effectively communicate
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
Our Technology Studies Certificate Program allows you to tailor your coursework to meet your individual interests and career goals, as well as update your current skills to advance in your current job.
As you complete our program, you will:
- Utilize computer programs and understand the importance of computers in today's technology
- Demonstrate specialized vocation skills in the chosen specialty area
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to explore our full list of programs, including the associate degree in technology studies.
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. To apply, visit our website and submit your application anytime. Please include program code 4400 to ensure you are applying to the correct program.
How can I learn more?